Don’t Fear The Reaper Or North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un
By Sandford Tuey – Canada
There are always two sides to every story. Here is why North Americans do not have to fear the North Korean threats of nuclear destruction:
- The United States of America intercepted a missile in flight with one of their missiles from their missile defense program. The first successful interception was during the first Gulf war when a patriot missle struck and destroyed an enemy Scud missile aimed at Isreal and American coalition troops in the Middle East.
- North Korea’s Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles can now reach the west coast of Canada and the United States of America and should be able to strike anywhere on the planet within ten years. Military oriented cities like Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle and Vancouver are primary targets, but are unlikely to be hit. Kim Jong-un laughs, parties and proudly issues a press release every time he launches a test missile or detonates an atomic , bomb to show the world he means business. His ICBMs are not yet as accurate as NATO’s, which means North Korea’s Weapons of Mass Destruction are unlikely to hit their designated targets.
- The United States of America can destroy the entire planet multiple times over with their nuclear arsenal and North Korea would incur “great fire and fury” as President Trump threatens. Most of the USA’s nuclear missiles are smart weapons that use Global Positioning Satellites (GPS) to accurately hit targets. If Kim Jong-un is insane enough to launch an attack against the USA, he would only be committing suicide. Very unlikely!
- The North Korean economy is 80% financed and supported by the Chinese government. Without Chinese financial and economical support Korea would instantly collapse and their military could not afford to move forward with their nuclear weapons program or build ICBMs. So if China didn’t want North Korea to be a world threat, they could shut it down instantly.
- North Korea is a proxy army of the Chinese government and would only attack South Korea, Japan and/or the USA if they wanted to do so.
- Allegedly, The nuclear material for N. Korea to make atomic weapons originates from Iran, Russia and China. Their long range missiles come from China, who help by either sending actual Chinese missiles or parts to build them. Some believe Kim Jong-un can now mine the atomic material and process it to become an atomic weapon and that his military I ndustrial complex can manufacture the missiles.
- South Korea and especially Japan have been very tolerant towards North Korea. Both countries militaries have not retaliated when Kim Jong-un orders missile tests that flew over both nations. Because of no action, it proves that the likely-hood of nuclear war would only happen when North Korea actually nukes them.
Here are several reasons why Kim Jong-un’s threats cause so much fear:
- North Korea tried to conquer the entire Korean peninsula back in the 1950’s. They had to call upon the Chinese communists to help or they would have been defeated by the United Nations coalition military forces. General Douglas MacArther recommended the use of American atomic bombs to unite the divided Korean peninsula under one flag of democracy, but when China sent in it’s military forces, they almost wiped the UN forces off the map. To this day the stalemate between the UN forces with North Korea is still in effect but is a temporary agreement between these two groups technically still at war. There have been incidents of conflicts, but no full out war.
- China, for the first time in United Nation’s history voted in favor of sanctions against their North Korean neighbor. Why did it take so long for the Chinese government to act as a responsible nation? Now if China would threaten Kim Jong-un with turning off the financial and military assistance, he might back down and behave. So the nations of the world need to hold China responsible for it’s actions or the USA should state that an attack from N. Korea would be considered an attack by China, as they did with the Russian missiles in Cuba during the 1960s.
- If Kim Jong-un is as insane as the mainstream media says he is, then he may actually do what he threatens to do. Which is nuke South Korea, Japan or the USA. The radioactive fallout would negatively affect everyone in North America and that means North Korea must be forced to stop building nuclear weapons and delivery methods to attack any nation on Earth.
- So unless South Korean and/or American coalition military forces invade North Korea, that may force Kim Jong-un’s hand to use all the military forces he can, then and only then would the N. Koreans use their nuclear arsenal.
So don’t get caught up in the threats and sabre rattling as no on, not even Kim Jong-un is stupid enough to start a nuclear war.
Sandford Tuey is a Canadian Armed Forces veteran of the Cold War who worked within the NATO intelligence industry and now is a security consultant, licensing specialist and entrepreneur who has been a game designer for the past 35 years. With a keen interest in political and military analysis he has been gathering data since 1976 and now shares that knowledge as a beacon of truth, within an ocean of lies.